ServiceMax have teamed up with Field Service News to deep dive into how the role of the field service engineer is evolving. Download this complimentary white paper to see what the role of the field service engineer will be in coming years, what will be the key skills? How important will technology be for training and recruitment purposes? How do you overcome the challenges of an ageing workforce?
Surveying over 125 senior business leaders from all of the globe, this research shows:
Download the Whitepaper and listen to the webinar recording where the results were announced.
- Almost three quarters of companies (73%) identify an ageing workforce as a potential threat to their field service operations.
- 98% of companies stated that they now place more focus on people skills when recruiting field service engineers.
- Almost three quarters (73%) of companies stated they expect more reliance on remote diagnostics and technology in the future.
- Over two thirds (67%) of companies feel that technology plays a key role to play in attracting new talent to a field service organisation.
- 80% of companies stated that they believed harnessing the latest technology was a factor in keeping attrition rates low.
The Changing Face Of The Field Service Engineer
FIELD SERVICE NEWS RESEARCH STUDY